Arguably one of the hardest questions to answer if you you haven't properly prepared. You may be wondering how long should you spend to answer this question without waffling. Your response may set the tone of the interview!
I always recommend to first do a self analysis whilst understanding clearly why do you want this role in particular.
The structure of this answer should focus on 3 key points: Past, Present & Future!
- Talk about when you graduated
- What skills did you learn from your degree that is relatable-
- Any key achievements
- Talk about what you are doing right now
- What motivated you to apply to this role
- Skills you have developed that will ensure your success in this role
- Talk about career goals
- How this job can push you to achieving them
This helps show off your skills / experience, career goals and a little bit of your personality.
Write a script that includes the information that you want to convey.
Practice, Practice, PRACTICE until you feel confident. Your script should just be a guide to keep on the right track - don't memorise it to the point that you sound like a robot. You want it to come naturally!
Good luck!!! Check out my Video on YT!